Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Inktober is Near...

 Wow! I haven't posted since February! That is completely my bad guys! I have had a major life change (for the better) starting at the end of March. I was able to get a job at a horse farm & I now work full time there. I recently started working with one of the horses on top of my regular schedule. I also bought a horse: a beautiful three and a half year old Quarter Horse mare that I named Poppy. I am eagerly awaiting her arrival to my full-time barn, but in the meantime, I see her about five times a week and work with her anywhere from two to five times a week. I have been far more active on Instagram on my studio account @spyrytfyrestudios. So there has not been a lack of art.


Honestly, I feel like I ran out of ideas for this blog (temporarily). I didn't feel confident in doing tutorials or walk-throughs of my process as I just didn't feel like my art style/process was something people would be interested. Turns out, I was wrong. My giveaway for Breyerfest certainly calmed those fears as all of my custom spots were claimed. My sales pieces are still sitting though, but that's not surprising, as I just don't post consistently. 


So, what better way to revive the blog than with Inktober? Last year I did my own theme of "Monster Mash". I promised my DeviantArt watchers last year that I would do the actual Inktober prompts, and even with the controversy currently surrounding the Inktober official company, I still intend to use their prompts because that's what I promised. Their legal stuff aside I'm just an artist who promised to use their prompts and I intend to keep to it. 


I am already feeling excited for this challenge, as I just love ink, and I really don't work with it nearly enough! It will be a challenge, time wise, as my days are usually filled to the brim with work. But I'll give it my best! Hope to see you guys next week with the first days of Inktober goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment