Monday, August 19, 2019

Race to the Show: Part II

In the end, I decided that I would not overly stress myself by trying to paint 16 models. I did, however, paint two. I finished the Breyer Classic Ginger to flaxen chestnut with chrome & a cremello Magnolia.



While I did not have many customs at Midwest Model Mania Live, I am not disappointed with the placings my models got.

In the Custom Divisions, I was pleasantly surprised when Shannon's Sunshine Superman, a mini that I made earlier in the year that she purchased from me, got 4th in the Warmblood division.

(Shannon's Sunshine Superman)
Then, in the Mustang division, Nifty, my 2018 NaMoPaiMo horse got 6th, while my black Schleich Mustang, dubbed Shadow Wind, received 4th.



My other models, in the Custom divisions didn't place, but I was more than pleased with what had placed.

Then my ultimate moment of the day came in Custom Workmanship Divisions. The all time high of the day came when Shadow Wind got 5th in the Black class. I was floored! The class was of a medium size and their were some prominent artists on the table. To receive 5th in such a competitive class was humbling, as well as gratifying. 


From there was the small Unrealistic Colors & Fantasy Workmanship classes, as I had the majority of horses in each, it wasn't as surprising or meaningful when my horse got 2nd in Unrealistic Colors, and I wasn't surprised with my dragon horse's 5th, as compared to my other two entries (by other artists) as well as the other three horses on the table, he was low on the totem pole. 



With Midwest Model Mania behind me, I can now focus on minis until the all-mini show in October. I will share progress pictures as the weeks go on! It's still a race to the show! 

Till the next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment