Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Race to the Show: Part One

In the model horse world, there are few thrills that can match up to a live show. Of course, for an artist, a live show equals an opportunity to showcase one's work while also seeing if said work is competitive in the show ring. As this is my first year, in some time, for both painting a multitude of models as well as live showing, I realized that I do not have a sufficient amount of work to showcase at the upcoming show I'm in: Midwest Model Mania Live.

While two weeks sounds like plenty of time to get models painted in, I have a deduction of days: specifically 8 of those 14 (and really we are down to 12 days as of today). For those 8 (well, now 7 as my full-time job ate into today) of Equine Kids Camp at my local Equestrian Center where I assist in instructing the children as they ride.

The last 4 days, are really only down to 3 as the last day is the Friday before the show and if anything is sealed that day I do not want to transport it. So three days to at least paint to finish and then seal models quickly after camps.

I have about 16 models that I would like to have ready for the next show. Do I think I can finish them in that time frame while retaining quality? Probably not. I'm not going to sacrifice my quality, but I will be striving to get them done in a timely manner. If I work throughout the three days (or even two of those three days) I should have at least 4-5 done if not more, as the majority of the chosen models are Stablemates. Plus, one is nearly completed already, while two others are partially done, but still need work.

This is going to be a fun race against time!

Till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment