Saturday, August 24, 2019

Studio/Stable Mascots

Within the model horse hobby, some studios/stables have mascots...I'm one of those studios.

Originally, my studio mascot was Boggle-a Sherman Morgan who mind boggled me with his finish. He's a shiny bronze/copper-esque model who is SUPER heavy! I could use him in self defense-that's how heavy he is. I learned at a live show that he is most likely a custom from the resin Fashionably Late. The run was known for flaws and many were customized. This also explained the wire that was exposed in his leg when he had a tumble thanks to my Quality Control Manager-Renji.


With Boggle's mystery solved, I felt best leaving him at home. With the recent show, I wanted a new tag-a-long. Enter Rexy, my Schleich T-Rex. With a movable jaw that was more than capable of holding things, I figured this would be a fun addition to my table at live shows.


Today I finished the studio mascot I've been wanting. Hez Gotta Lil' Paint, or Paint, for short, will be my paint thickness tester, but only where his blanket hides it (much like the grey Arabian painted to black in Hidalgo). He's a fun addition to the table & will hopefully help to generate some conversation. Plus, he might be able to show in "other performance" at shows too.


It took some work to get Paint ready for painting though. His left cheek jutted out awkwardly, and once I'd sanded it down, I needed to build up his right cheek to match it. He's quite dashing now, and he's definitely one of my prouder moments in regards to the work that went into him.



Does anyone else have a studio/stable mascot? Do they stay the same? Or is it whatever you feel like bringing along for the day?  I'd love to hear about them!

Till the next time!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on show successes! Mascots. Are fun and I enjoyed my new Strike pup! Mine rotate but remain small and fun. I have had various animals, cartoony/fantasy ponies, even Chewbacca and Yoda.

    ReplyDelete